Here is a very simple, hearty and delectable salad.
The only job, trust me is to chop a few vegetables in to bite site pieces similar to the black beans. One can use chick peas, red kidney beans or moong beans. I used canned black beans plus what I had in my refrigerator. fell free to play with any veggies that you may want to use.
Get Ready ( serves 4)
- 1 15 oz can of balck beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small onion chopped ( red would be the best)
- 1 orange bell pepper de seeded and chopped
- 6-7 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 small mango chopped ( iused the one sliced from costco)
- 1 corn steamed and separate the kernels ( frozen will work fine too)
- plenty of chopped cilantro
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- salt to taste
Seriously nothing other than mixing everything and eating.
one does not even need a dressing for this salad. The juice from tomato plus chaat masala will be sufficient.
It is sweet, crunchy, spicy and wonderful!