Kosumalli is a light carrot salad, usually served in weddings. Crunchy carrots with a lemon juice, green chillies and spiced with asafetida and mustard seeds is sure a welcome taste amongst other feasts served in the weddings.
I used some moong dal to give extra crunch. It can be served as a side or main meal.
Get Ready ( serves 2 as a side)
- 1& 1/2 - 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp moon dal soaked in water for 20 mins and drained ( optional)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of asafetida
- salt to taste
- cilantro ( optional)
- In a bowl add the carrots, salt, lemon juice, soaked moongdal and mix well.
- In a kadai, add oil, do the tadka with mustard seeds, asfetida and green chilli.
- pour it on top of the grated carrot, toss them all.
- garnish with cilantro.
Serve cold or at room temperature.